Saturday, February 6, 2010

Great javascript editor - Aptana Studio

I have been using Dreamweaver for over 10 years and never thought I would need another html code editor -- and ponied up the price for updates every few years. But now that I'm spending increasing time doing javascript development I found that it just wasn't that good for code completion/hinting/documentation etc. After a bit of searching I came across Aptana Studio and absolutely love it. It's built on Eclipse and has everything I could hope for js development -- including being able to install plugins for various frameworks like JQuery, DoJo and more. Plus you can even add a plugin for AIR development.

To install the JQuery plugin just go to:

Help>Install Aptana features>Ajax>JQuery Support

Did I mention that its free?

No comments: